Soul Health LXXXIX
Dear Parishioners and Friends,
The past week has been a momentous and historic one for our country and our Church. As Canada prepares to bid farewell to Pope Francis let's continue walking together towards reconciliation with our Indigenous sisters and brothers, and continue learning how to effectively stand in solidarity with those in need of our support. Let's also pray for our hearts to remain open to God's will and to his plans for us to bring others to him through our faith and our deeds.
Regular Liturgy Schedule & Intentions, July 30 - August 5
Saturday, July 30: Anniversary of Mary Speer by Her Family
Sunday, July 31: For All Parishioners
Tuesday, August 2 (St Eusebius of Vercelli): For the intentions of Michael McSharry on the occasion of his 90th Birthday, by His Family
Thursday, August 4 (St Jean-Marie Vianney): In thanksgiving to St Thomas More for a family intention, by the Olaguera Family
Extra intentions this week offered in private Masses:
- For the deceased members of the Alguire and Robidoux Family by Their Estate
Read up on Divine Renovation
If you're interested in how our parish can move from maintenance towards mission and what that kind journey can look like, copies of the Divine Renovation handbook are available as loans from the parish. Please contact Angela for more information!
Coffee Break Catechesis
- The Shocking Reality of the Eucharist!
In this short video, Fr Mike Schmitz discusses the Miracle of the Eucharist and what it truly means to eat Jesus’ body and drink Jesus’ blood.
- Do you know Jesus? Are you sure?
In under ten minutes, Tanner Kalina from Ascension Presents shares his journey towards forming a personal relationship with God, and the four habits that will help us all know God in the way we were meant to know him.
Truth, Reconciliation, and Solidarity
- Catch the Replays!
- In case you missed anything, news and highlights of Pope Francis’ visit to Canada can be found on https://www.papalvisit.ca/
- Fr Cristino Bouvette, a young Indigenous priest, did an interview with The National on his own journey of reconciling his dual identity – watch it at https://bit.ly/3cKAIF7
- If you’ve been following the Pope’s visit and have been wondering about some of the traditional Indigenous practices that were incorporated into the various events, Fr Cristino also provided an excellent written explanation: https://bit.ly/3OEdE8k
- Take action!
Are you wondering what concrete steps can Canadian Catholics take to demonstrate real support and solidarity for our Indigenous sisters and brothers? Catholics for Truth & Reconciliation has some answers! Check out https://www.catholics4tr.com/act.html for ways that you can take a stand.
- Further Resources on Truth & Reconciliation with the Indigenous Peoples of Canada
- Listening to Indigenous Voices: An Ignatian Centre Retreat
September 9 – 11, 2022 at Hermitage St-Croix (Pierrefonds) - $290
- Our Ukrainian sisters & brothers need you!
Catholic Action is working to assist newly-arrived Ukrainians in setting up their new lives in Canada and could use some extra hands until September 30, 2022. For more information including how to get involved, visit https://catholicaction.ca/our-ukrainian-friends-need-your-time/
New Appointments in the Archdiocese
- Congratulations to Msgr Frank Leo, who was recently appointed Auxiliary Bishop of Montreal. Read more at https://bit.ly/3cH6Yc9
Yours in Christ,
Father Robert Assaly+
Post a Comment