Soul Health VII
“The doors of our churches are closed but our hearts are open” -- Archbishop Lépine in his pastoral letter
1. To keep our hearts open during this pandemic, the Vatican has published a wonderful free online booklet, Strong In The Face Of Tribulation. Three distinct sections include how to remain faith-filled during this time, and beautiful thoughts from Pope Francis compiled from his daily homilies the last 2 months, updated regularly online. I encourage you to take a look:
2. The Archdiocese is inviting all people of good will to 10 minutes of quiet at noon every Sunday. Join us. “…the bells of parish churches and chapels will ring every Sunday at noon for 10 minutes as a sign of hope during this period of health emergency. All people of good will are also invited to take a break of silence or prayer at the same time to support those most affected by the pandemic, including residents of CHSLDs and homes for the aged, as well as those who take care of the sick.”
3. Parish Finances: Today, appropriately, is #ThankYouThursday. Thanks to your generosity last month, parish revenues virtually matched our reduced expenses in the first four months of 2020. And that was over and above the amazing Food Drive!
April givings came very close to what was budgeted, except for Easter which was down substantially, in some measure connected to no loose collection. So many of you even came to put your envelopes through the office mail slot -- Very impressive support for your parish. You are encouraged to keep it up during lockdown, remembering that most of our expenses continue.
4. I have become chaplain to a Tuesday evening rosary, prayer and reflection group. If you’re interested in trying it out on Zoom, write for the link: Danielle Morin email@example.com
5. A hearty thanks to our calling team who reached out on behalf of the parish to all on our parish list. If you didn’t receive a call, or even if you did, but would like to talk, call me the parish. One of the fruits of the call around: over 45 people added to my prayer list!
6. Who is worthy of our aid?
7. Archbishop Christian Lépine invites everyone to join him on Thursday, May 14, at 8 a.m on Salt + Light Television, for a Mass being offered for the special intentions
8. Hopefully next week we’ll have a Pastoral Council meeting (yes, zoom), to brainstorm about how to continue our parish ministry. Please feel free to indicate your interest in joining us for a meeting.
9. A brief, beautiful bedtime story of these times:
The mass intention for you is offered every Sunday. Blessings to all,
St. Thomas More Parish